Monday, December 05, 2005

Arbit

Christmas is on Sunday. Bloody hell. I am goddamn frustrated. Why can't they make ti a rule that if a government holiday comes on Sunday, we can have a holiday on Monday.
---------------------------------
I watched No Entry for the umpteenth time in a bus from Pune to Bombay yesterday. I saw the same movie on Sturday from en route from Bombay to Pune. And the week before. I can't bear to talk about it.
---------------------------------
Ran the 3 km charity run in the Pune marathon yesterday. Legs are still asleep.
---------------------------------
Saw two movies in the weekend. Exorcism of Emily Rose. Scared me a bit. Apaharan. Good.
---------------------------------
XAT is 5 weeks away. Shit happens. Hope it doesn't this time though.
---------------------------------
I keep making wisecracks with Santosh about names of places in Pune. Like Pimp-ri. Bhosari. Landewadi. And, believe it or not - Sandas.
Wonder what would happen if I ever saw this town in Austria.
---------------------------------

6 Comments:

At 12:44 AM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Soham Pablo said...

@andy : offence taken ? Whatever for ?
First two sentences ? 'Christmas on Sunday. Bloody Hell' ? Why ?

If it's anything to do with religious sensitivities - sorry, but I don't care. I don't believe in religion. Christmas, Id, Diwali and whatever the crap else are just holidays to me. Even so, I don't see why the statements should offend.

If it's anything else other than that, do explain why 'offence taken'.

 
At 1:03 AM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Sugur said...

Well I don’t understand. The first sentence is 'Christmas on Sunday'. Now why should someone take an offence to that is beyond me.
The second sentence if read in isolation of the first should just be a plain 'Bloody Hell'. Now again to an isolated statement like that no need to take offense I may opine.
But if you are reading in context then please continue reading further because the frustration and related grammer used is for the holidays, and not about the festival.

 
At 1:07 AM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Soham Pablo said...

@Andy : I think you need to chill.
At no point did I mock you. And at no point did I suggest you share my views.

How is getting pissed that Christmas is falling on a Sunday akin to mocking ?
Does it mean I don't like Christmas?

Anyways I guess a sense of humor is required to laugh at the small things in life.

Just try and understand that .... how tuff is that ?

 
At 2:41 AM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Sugur said...

Dude sometimes shit happens you just have to roll with it.. but the thing is here there was no shit.. so I dont understand why you are not rolling with it.

>>And Santosh, the two statements taken together are wat i didnt like. Sorry i didnt mention that.

Please dont just take the two sentences take the entire para.. not too much to ask for??

 
At 2:42 AM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Soham Pablo said...

@Andy: I was wondering whether to reply at all, as I feel an issue is made out of thin air.

If I say Christmas is on Sunday, and get pissed at the fact I lose out on a holiday, I fail to see how it can offend someone - whether the festival is important to them or not. Don't tell me you wouldn't have been happier if one of the most important days of your life would also be part of an extended weekend.

And quoting me from my reply and saying 'it doesn't help' is totally irrelavant, as it was your first reply that was the puzzling thing in the first place.

I guess it's touchy religious guys like you without a sense of humor ( who find offence in places where a tangentially different topic is being discussed ) who embody what's wrong in the world today.

This was a post with absolutely no malice, and it disgusts me to see the color you are putting on it. Absolutely over a non-issue.

 
At 3:16 AM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Soham Pablo said...

@andy: >>My point is not religious.

What is it then ?
Please explain clearly what your grouse is. Clearly. If you have a logical point - I will apologise. As of now I see none.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home